The Dresden Gaming Table
The Dresden Gaming Table
The Dresden is a culmination of our years of experience with game table design and production. It's optimized to offer the best experience with the highest quality at a balanced price.
Visit our Style Packages Page to get the Dresden that's right for you.
Production is open, though limited for 2019. If you’re ready to acquire The Dresden consider providing your information to our waitlist.
There's a lot of lingo we have to use to communicate the specifications of our table. We'll include some definitions.
1. Game Vault: The game vault is the recessed gaming space in the center of the Dresden. Our original plan was for a 36" x 60" game vault but after some play testing we determined that 36" x 54" was pretty ideal.
2. Gaming Area: The gaming area is the total area of the table under the dining tops. This includes the game vault and what we call "Top Sides" and "Bread Board Ends". The Top Sides are the bamboo plates that run lengthwise and include the "player stations" (those areas with card slots, counter/chit holders, cup holders, and dice bins). The Bread Board Ends are the bamboo plates that span the width of the table at the ends. The Dresden's gaming area is 49 1/8" x 69 3/16".
3. Dining Surface: The dining surface is composed of three 1" thick panels of solid hardwood. Each panel is 26" wide by 52" long. When they're all butted together on edge to form the dining surface, the total dining surface is 52" x 78". (FYI when discussing dimensions for hardwood "rectangles" width always refers to the dimension across the grain and length always refers to the direction with the grain).
4. Gaming Height: The gaming height is the distance from the floor to the top surface of the gaming area. The Dresden's gaming area is 29 3/8" from the floor.
5. Dining Height: The dining height is the distance from the floor to the top surface of the dining surface. The Dresden's dining surface is 30 3/8" from the floor.
6. Leg Gap: The leg gap is the distance from the floor to the bottom edge of the table. It's the space your chair and legs fit under. The Dresden's leg gap is 25".
Every Dresden comes with the same feature set built right in.
Player stations are the sections of the table designed to host a player. The Dresden is sized for 6 players and 6 player stations are included. Each player station includes a card slot, 2 counter/chit holders, and a cup holder. Each player also has access to a dice rolling bin. Player stations at the ends include their own while player stations on the sides share one.
Dice bins are framed in solid walnut to add a little contrast. Our prototype (shown in the images above) includes dice bins lined with leather in the bottom. It's a little luxurious but ultimately impractical. If chits or cards and the like are placed in there, the leather makes it very difficult to pick them up. For "real" Dresden orders we'll line the dice bins with the velveteen you select for your inset.
Our player stations are optimized to position you with easy access to the game vault while providing ample space for your game components. There's even enough room at the corners for a bowl or plate of food.
The Game Vault is the recessed gaming surface in the middle of the table. Our vault is 3 1/4" deep, 36" wide, and 54" long.
Though the fabric inset is optional every Dresden table includes installation of 10 threaded brass sleeves around the inside vertical face of the vault perimeter. 10 brass pins are also included. Once the pins are installed (you just screw them right into the sleeves), you can drop the fabric inset onto them and "lift" your inset to effectively reduce your vault depth to 1/4". It's a small feature but it's a nice configuration for card games and puzzle building.
Our fabric inset is optional and not a fixed feature of the table.
The inset is double sided. On one face, stretch velveteen is adhered to the 5/8" thick plywood substrate. On the other face, we adhere 1/4" closed cell foam then wrap and staple speed cloth. The edges of the inset are finished with hardwood trim to match your table and leather straps are added for convenience. The total thickness of the fabric inset is about 1" so including it in your vault will reduce the available vault depth to 2 1/4."
We haven't really limited our fabric options yet. When we do, you can find pics here. We might even manage a really neat hipster-y photo set with swatches on bamboo. Until then, please visit our suppliers' websites for available options. You can even order some samples if you're so inclined. [Stretch Velveteen] [Un-suited Speed Cloth]